Thank you to those parents who have already visited the school earlier this year and applied for the Secondary Assistance Scheme payment.
If you missed out or perhaps did not qualify at the time, please read the following information.
Due to COVID-19:
The closing date has been extended to 3 July 2020 (end of Term 2) concession cards can be valid during Terms 1 or 2.
To be eligible for the scheme, the parent/guardian(s) must hold at least one of the following:
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card (blue) card.
The concession card must:
- be valid for at least 4 weeks
- be valid some time during Term 1 or Term 2 (3 February 2020 to 3 July 2020)
- have students listed on them.
Students must be:
- enrolled in a Western Australian public school
- in Years 7 to 12.
- Students are not eligible if they are born in the year 2001 or before.
- If a Year 11 or 12 student is not listed on the parent/guardian concession card, both the parent/guardian and student must produce their cards.
A grandparent must:
- be the primary caregiver of the child/children
- be the recognised guardian
- have the student listed on their concession card.
Independent students must:
- attach a letter of confirmation or statement from Centrelink (which specifically has the word ‘independent’ stated) to the application
- hold a concession card that is valid for at least four weeks, and the validity covers any time in Term 1 or Term 2 (3 February 2020 to 3 July 2020).
Verification of the application
The parent/guardian can email their application with attached proof of their concession card as either of the following:
- a scanned copy of the front and back of the card
- photographs of the front and back of the card.
Applications can be completed in Admin Services or please call 9270 5700 or email Hampton.SHS@education.wa.edu.au to request an application form which can be sent to you via email. Or click on the following link to download the application form (please ignore the closing date stated on the application form of 9 April) 2020+SAS+Application+Form
$115 Clothing allowance can be paid direct to parents/guardians or to the school.
$235 Education Program will be paid direct to the school for Years 7 – 10 against Contributions and Years 11-12 against Charges.